Automotive Digital Marketing

Professional Community for Car Dealers, Marketing, Advertising and Sales Leaders

Loading... Be Patient!
I have seen several ADM professionals use various tactics to drive visitors to their web sites, blogs and UGC sites outside of the ADM community. Several ADM members have been quite successful at it. One of the best tactics I have seen is to post the summary of an article within their ADM profile's blog section and insert a text link that says something like "Read the rest of the article here...". I have also seen several techniques used that involve inserting photos and logo images into ADM blog posts that when clicked upon, the image link opens up a new window which loads the webpage they are promoting instead of a bigger version of the image clicked upon. This is done by selecting "Options" when uploading a photo into ADM, then placing a check mark to use a "Popup Window" to display the full size photo image. Then, after the code is generated on your page by the ADM photo uploader, editing the URL within the quotes immediately after the "href=" to be the URL of the page you want to open when a reader clicks on the image... I have tried this dozens of times and it works great. Here's an example, click on the image below and a new window opens, instead of being taken to another website and punishing the user, the user is rewarded with a trip to your designated site, without losing their place within the article they were reading:

Others have uploaded photos or videos that get featured and then put links to their blogs and web pages outside of ADM in the text descriptions. Other ADM members use hyperlinks embedded into their own ADM Forum posts and/or their comments made on other ADM member's forum posts.

Several people, such as Phil Zelinger and Paul Rushing have used their participation within ADM as a tool to successfully increase the organic ranking of their various web sites, pages and blogs outside of ADM, while those same hypertext links containing relevant and important key words also drive automotive professionals who are ADM members to their own blogs and various types of sites outside of ADM. Here's an example; This website contains the most interesting and relevant content about Automotive Digital Marketing and selling cars using the Internet.

When I first created ADM, it was in response to being "banned" from another online community because of where I worked... Because of this, I swore to myself that ADM would be a place where professionals could seek to communicate whatever they wished and as an Administrator I would not restrict any thoughts, ideas or even blatant self-promotion, that we would let the community as a whole choose to respond or participate as each member decided to... A spirit of "Freedom of Speech" in a uniquely American automotive way. Only on a few occassions have I ever moderated or censored any ADM member, such as when the Russian Mail-Order Brides showed up! But, even then there was some tongue-in-cheek comments that sorta sounded like "hey, we are all adults and we can figure out who the con artists are".

So, at this point when I am asked, I generally say feel free to use the various techniques described above to promote and drive traffic to your personal blogs and communities outside of ADM! Whether or not you are successful and ADM members respond will most likely be reflective of the interest our industry has as a whole in whatever it is you are trying to sell, whether it be a product, service or even ideas and concepts.

My primary recommendation is to take a good look at the resources within the ADM network and community... Because, for those who have not yet figured this out, ADM is not a blog, it is a network of over 1,400 User Generated Content sites where each web site's home page is your ADM Profile or "Member" page. You can use your individual ADM profile pages quite effectiveley and I have seen several that get indexed and ranked individually by Google and Yahoo! as a destination that appears when somebody searches for automotive digital marketing and sales related topics.

There is no doubt in my mind that getting your ADM member profile page to rank high on an SEO basis is easier than most members realize. When I see individual ADM member site's and their blog postings show up at the top of search results, I usually check them out because I would like to figure out why some ADM member's own profiles and blog posts show up more than others. Generally speaking, it usually looks like the very same reasons we see any other sites show up at the top of the page... Relevant content including videos, photos, links and lots of text about the subject matter.

I think most of us would love to hear about any techniques other ADM members have used to leverage their ADM content to achieve their own objectives. Amongst the more interesting lessons I have learned through my participation in ADM is which of these types of techniques seem to work, and which do not.

Your thoughts, comments and feedback are solicited...

The photo below is of me (far left) with my daughters, Rachel and Sarah, and my father, Ralph, that was taken a few years ago when my daughters were still in high school. They are now both married and each have a daughter (my granddaughters). The photo is linked to my ADM member page profile. I could have selected a 300 pixel thumbnail of the image, but chose to display full size and link to the page I wanted by using the photo upload options.

PS; Anyone wondering about where Rachel and Sarah's mom is should know that, unfortunately, she left us when the girls were 8 and 6. I was granted sole custody and raised Sarah and Rachel as a single father. Despite my ineptitude at being a single parent, they both turned out to be a couple of very strong and independant young women that I am very proud of.

Tags: (ADM), Automotive, Digital, Drive, Marketing, Rank, Resources, SEO, Traffic

Views: 69

Reply to This

Replies to This ADM Discussion

Ralph,
WIthout guys like you this industry suffers. I want someone to argue with me.
Kim Clouse
LOL... Kim, I learned a long time ago that unless you believe you are contributing to the growth and development of other people, it is difficult to make the most difficult choices and apply the efforts necessary to make a difference. And, unless you are making a difference, it is difficult to rise in stature, position and income within your chosen profession.
Every now and then I google myself for fun to see what comes up. I did this just the other day I noticed my ADM profile page was #1, and I haven't even tried to SEO my profile. Now that I see I can get google's attention here I think I'll start using it to build content on other key words and point to my other sites.
P.S. I just checked again and it's no longer #1. Google remains a mystery - but the point still stands.
Using Automotive Digital Marketing (ADM) Resources to Drive Traffic and SEO Rank- The best way to increase your search engine rank (seo) without having to have much experience in internet marketing or web design. The majority of cocaine traffic is transported by non-commercial.
===========================================
Brian
Used cars
I find that SEO traffic can be pretty slow if you put the wrong things in your code. Every page is graded on a scale from 0 - 100 percent. I find that even though you can get this process down to a science it still is becoming less and less relevant with all the innovations of podcasting and viral web video. There are many contributing factors to what makes pages rank higher than others. Often times it is the number of links that are creating through viral marketing.

Lately, I am amazed at how much of this online game are going to be tipped upside down once again with the use of blogs, mini sites and RSS feeds. In combinaton with SEO and Web 2.0. the overall results are going to be astounding. But you have to know what you want to accomplish online. I have estimated that there are roughly 9 families of search engines aside from the basic ones, (MSN, Yahoo, and Google).

RSS

Automotive Professional Network and Resource Exchange for Car Dealers, Managers, OEM and Marketing Practitioners seeking Best Practices.

ADM Sponsor

Please Consider Automotive Marketing Professional Community Sponsors

ADM Badge

Loading…

Based On Your Interests...

ADM Consulting, LLC

Onsite/Offsite Combination ADM Consulting, LLC Professional Services
Select the maximum monthly investment you plan to make
$USD

Automotive Marketing Tools

Get ADM Toolbar

Click here to take the ADM Member Survey

Getting too many emails from ADM? Click mailbox below to control which types of alerts and updates you are sent......

Instagram

Top Automotive Marketing Forum Discussions

Share the Best Content w/AutoMarketing Community

© 2019   Created by Ralph Paglia.   Powered by

ADM Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service