Automotive Digital Marketing

Professional Community for Car Dealers, Marketing, Advertising and Sales Leaders

Loading... Be Patient!
We can automatically send videos for our dealers to YouTube.

My question for everyone is, do you think this can help sell more cars?

I figure if 1,000 people stumble on it, a few of them will click on the dealer's website and you never know...

Our new VinCamera v3.0 can easily capture videos and upload them to our software. There is nothing else like it available. We can then automatically send those videos to YouTube, Cars.com, AutoTrader.com, and of course the dealer's website.

http://www.vinsolutions.com/vincamera.aspx

What do you guys think of videos on YouTube?

Tags: vehicle, videos

Views: 304

Reply to This

Replies to This ADM Discussion

I feel this will be the next great medium...That and the mobile technology should be right up there with it.
Getting your message to the masses will get easier at the same time we will have to do a fantastic job on making your dealership stand out from the rest of the white noise...
I partially concur. Although you tube is a great video hosting site, inherently it will also link similar videos that follow the subject. If youtube or anyother video posting medium takes off in our business, using it as a hosting alternative rather than your own server for cost purposes can lead to self-inflicted competition, as your videos will be linked to other dealer's similar cars and could jeopardize the sale. However, it is a start. I believe the mentioned consequence would only happen if this thing takes off amongst dealers. Dealer's could use this to their advantage if along with walkarounds they post credibility and value building messages possibly even tours of their facility. Also of considerable value would be an introduction to staff members and even creation of an account for staff members for personalization. This would set you apart from everyone else specialy since tagged words would only link you to others at your dealership.

As for mobile technology, Nothing except for text messaging is of value. To think that i would want to watch a walkaround on a little tiny screen is absurd. I have negotiated car deals via text messaging, and used it as a follow-up tool at times. Sending a video e-mail is the way to go in my opinion. If a customer wants to check it via mobile device, well so be it, but let it be their choice as far as thats concerned. Just my 2 cents
Andre,

My advice would be NOT to write off all mobile content other than text... Just take a look around you the next time you are anywhere in public where there are a lot of people... I travel every week and am in airports all over the country. It amazes me how many people I see watching videos on their iPhones, and especially some of the newer Verizon and Sprint phones. I watched a young lady, maybe about 30yo dressed in a sharp business suit while on a train between terminals at a major airport while she was showing videos to her companion by holding her phone in front of the other woman's face... I believe she was sharing an online video from a vaction resort where she was headed for vacation.

We are all living in a time when technology adoption rates are accelerating because stuff is getting released that is less buggy, actually works and is delivering a satisfying user experience.

I guarantee that ANYONE with a new Apple 3G iPhone would greatly appreciate seeing videos on their iPhone that deliver a virtual walk-around on any vehicle they are considering.

And, although there are only a few million iPhones in service now, the new 3G version seems to be picking up a lot of sales steam from viral marketing impact by current users. That, as well as all the new competitors to iPhone, is going to change the way cell phones are perceived in our culture... Myself, I believe the future is cell phones that are nothing less than miniature PC's with a robust set of applications just like most of have on our laptops today, and what we used on desktops for 10 years ago.
I can appreciate your enthusiasm in your words. Considering that these iPhones have internet already, everything is already at their disposal. Having videos on youtube at that point would yield the same dilemma i have mentioned above. My point is that a better idea would be to create a separate dealer website for hosting their own videos, so you do not expose yourself to competition, can monitor traffic, and collect pertinent information to track your possible customers. You may send a link via e-mail and drive them to your website or video library, which your customers can then explore. This allows you to entertain them with content that you can control and essentially get the correct messages accross.

Delivering video messaging would not only limit yourself to just a video, but it will also need you to isolate those customers whom have the technology to take advantage of it. Yes i agree one day in the future we will have most of the globe intertwined with this technology but we'll also have boots with rocket boosters someday as well.

RSS

Automotive Professional Network and Resource Exchange for Car Dealers, Managers, OEM and Marketing Practitioners seeking Best Practices.

ADM Sponsor

Please Consider Automotive Marketing Professional Community Sponsors

ADM Badge

Loading…

Based On Your Interests...

ADM Consulting, LLC

Onsite/Offsite Combination ADM Consulting, LLC Professional Services
Select the maximum monthly investment you plan to make
$USD

Automotive Marketing Tools

Get ADM Toolbar

Click here to take the ADM Member Survey

Getting too many emails from ADM? Click mailbox below to control which types of alerts and updates you are sent......

Instagram

Top Automotive Marketing Forum Discussions

Share the Best Content w/AutoMarketing Community

© 2019   Created by Ralph Paglia.   Powered by

ADM Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service