Automotive Digital Marketing ProCom

Professional Community for Car Dealers, Automotive Marketers and Sales Managers

Loading... Be Patient!
Can anyone share any good BDC start up docs for reference. I have a buddy that is being put into the position at another dealership, not Internet just BDC, and wanted some help. I am writing down my process for him, but he is looking for some other opinions, advice and process that works. Again he is not going to be part of the Internet department (Don't ask me why), only work the e-leads after 10 days, but will handle out-bound calls and handle some in-bound.
Any help would be great..

Views: 314

Reply to This

Replies to This ADM Discussion

I have a spreadsheet that he can use to list/track incoming calls and list appointments on. What functions is he responsible for....Spi Fi, Service CSI, Sales CSI, Unsold Follow-up, Etc. Let me know, I can customize the sheet for him before I upload it.
Hi Scott,

Thanks. He is responsible for Sales CSI, appointment kept, conversions from appt to sale, calls made..etc. I dont think they were doing service in any way. What ever you can provide would be helpful. I sent my spreads over and I am trying to document the BDC side of my department for him as well. He has to start from the ground floor up, even hire, train and schedule...

Tim
Hi Tim,

I just posted this in response to a request for similar information on an OLD Forum that I had posted regarding a CCC as a variation of the BDC - it may not apply directly but perhaps parts of it will be helpful?

That said - CALL ME!!! 561-962-2738 - to discuss shared opportunities.

In any case, happy to help. After all, what are friends for,

CCC - INTERNET / BDC DEPARTMENT
JOB DESCRIPTION – AREAS OF RESPONSIBILTY – COMPENSATION PACKAGE

COMPENSATION PLAN: This generic plan will not fit all dealerships. Line item percentages must be analyzed and applied across all involved departments – sales and fixed operations - to insure that all associated compensation packages fit within established cost of sales percentage guidelines both by department and in the total P&L computations.

TITLE: Customer Communications Center - CCC MANAGER –

SALARY / DRAW: * SEE NOTE AT END OF OUTLINE

$1,000.00 BI-WEEKLY SALARY

BONUSES:

APPOINTMENTS:
$20.00 PER SALES APPOINTMENT - $10.00 PER SERVICE CUSTOMER PAY APPT.*
*Excludes Oil Change only and Warranty repair

SPOT DELIVERED UNITS:
$40.00 PER CONFIRMED SPOT (0-30 UNITS)
$50.00 PER CONFIRMED SPOT (31-50 UNITS RETRO TO UNIT 1)
$60.00 PER CONFIRMED SPOT (51 + UNITS RETRO TO UNIT 1)

NEW CAR MONTHLY BONUS:
$500.00 IF THE DEALERSHIP MEETS SALES OBJECTIVES

USED CAR MONTHLY BONUS:
$250 IF 40-49 USED UNITS ARE DELIVERED
$500 IF 50+ USED UNITS ARE DELIVERED

SSI / FFV / CSI BONUS:
$500 IF COMBINED TOTALS MEET OR EXCEED BUSINESS CENTER AVERAGE

NOTE: ADDITIONAL BONUSES MAY BE OFFERED FOR SPECIFIC ACTIONS OF THE CCC. ALL APPOINTMENTS AND SPOT DELIVERIES MUST BE SUBMITTED AND CONFIRMED ON A DAILY RE-CAP SHEET TO QUALIFY FOR COMPENSATION – NO EXCEPTIONS!

BENEFITS:

MEDICAL: PER ESTABLISHED COMPANY POLICIES AND PROGRAMS

DEMONSTRATOR: $300.00 ALLOWANCE

COORDINATORS: THE BASE SALARY AND MONTHLY SALES GOAL BONUSES WILL BE PAID BY THE DEALERSHIP BUT ALL APPOINTMENT AND SPOT DELIVERY BONUSES WILL BE PAID BY THE CCC MANAGER WHEN THE VOLUME SUPPORTS ADDED STAFF

SALARY + BONUSES
Monthly Bonuses: Established quarterly with sales goals to be determined
Appointments: $5.00 for every appointment that shows that the coordinator makes plus $10.00 for every sold unit.

AREAS OF RESPONSIBILTY:

1) OUT-BOUND PHONE CALLS / CONTACTS –
New/Pre-Owned Sales; Use the sales & showroom follow up systems in the CRM application. It is the job of the CCC to determine why they didn't buy and what will get them back in. Service and Parts; open and closed R.O.’s and Counter Tickets will be followed up daily to solicit the sale, generate referrals and to improve CSI, SSI and FFV. Manager phone calls, letters, emails and any other CRM based outbound contact services, automated or personal, will supplement live calls by CCC coordinators with all contacts updated in the CRM daily and reviewed by the CCC Manager to coordinate “make-a-deal” meetings.”

2) IN-BOUND PHONE CALLS / CONTACTS - New/Pre-owned Sales Calls: A CCC coordinator will answer all calls and – if possible – will obtain: a phone number, a name and an appointment. Overflow will be overseen by the CCC Manager using certified sales staff who will keep any appointments made. Service and Parts: All special sales and marketing material will use a Whos Calling number or Mobile Text Messaging Short Code and – when applicable – assigned an ”op-code” which will be answered by the CCC or supplemental service writer/parts counter staff to set appointments for all departments.

3) INTERNET SALES: The dealer brings in leads from various sources which must be sourced and handled according to best practices. Each lead will be answered within 15 minutes and called within 30 minutes with more immediate attention paid to mobile text message based contacts.

An Internet lead will be given THREE prices on initial response, not Auto responder. 1) A price on what they want, 2) A price on something similar with a little less equipment and 3) On a used similar vehicle.
An Internet lead will be followed up in a specific sequence of emails and phone calls for a period of 90 days (or until they buy, die or say to stop bothering them). All automated systems must me managed, monitored, and updated by the CCC Manager.

The website will be maintained with posted transparent and market based prices and specials with the CCC acting as a separate ‘Desk” online and on the phone empowered to make offers, approximate trade-in values, quote payments and assign appointments to certified salespeople to be worked by the showroom Desk and Sales Managers.

4) Lease retention: Using a pre-established system: 6 months before the lease termination, the
Customer will get a letter, followed by a phone call. The purpose of this letter is to inform the person about what is about to transpire, to let the customer know that the bank will try to sell them their vehicle and also
about the pre-termination inspection about to come. CRM automated systems will apply.

At 4 1/2 months, the customer will get a pre-termination inspection package, including a date for the pre-termination inspection. This will be followed up with a confirmation phone call. There is also a confirmation phone call the day before the appointment and a visit outcome phone call after the visit.

5) Galley lists: A specific letter from the dealership sent to the list followed by a script phone call inviting the recipient to the dealership. Expected rate of return: without the follow up phone call .5-1.5% With the
phone call 5-10%

6) Three year retail purchase (IN EQUITY) letters followed up by phone call integrated into the automated CRM system.

7) LETTERS – SALES AND SERVICE: Sold and unsold opportunities as developed through the use of the CRM system will be done on a daily basis with “Make A Deal” reports printed and distributed daily. Three year cycle touch points: quarterly letters asking for referrals, first service reminders, birthday and holiday greetings, blast email special events, 11 month time for inspection notifications, follow up call list for parts manager asking if the customer wants to enhance their purchase, etc, etc. - all automated.

8) Internet Club emails

9) BUSINESS LINK: Business to Business Club and all available programs will be fully designed and monitored by the CCC Manager.

10) CUSTOMER SATISFACTION AND FACTORY CERTIFICATION: Follow up calls for sales and service/parts to sold, un-sold, open R.O.’s and closed tickets are a natural source for new business and will be called daily to solicit sales, referrals and improved CSI/SSI and the associated customer retention. Power Call automated system will be applied. All factory certification requirements will be maintained by all employees in all departments coordinated and confirmed by the CCC Manager.

• NOTE: The actual function of all of the above can be delegated by the CCC Manager but the responsibility can’t be delegated! The enhanced role of the CCC Manager vs. a conventional BDC and/or Internet Manager suggests a position of responsibility that is more like the role of the General Sales Manager. If properly coordinated the compensation plan can be modified to absorb this role with a much more robust compensation plan paid to the truly empowered CCC Manager.
Hey Philip,

Thanks for the conversation and this helpful response. I appreciate your reply and will pass this along to my buddy. I look forward to our "On-Blog" conversation next Wednesday.

Tim
Tim,

I am uploading some goodies for you to download and then edit, put to use, line the bird cage, whatever...
Attachments:
Here's a few more that any BDC manager should enjoy reviewing...
Attachments:
I got TERABYTES of material on BDC's... After creating, deploying and managing a team that installed over 500 BDC's there is so much stuff on my hard drives it is hard to stop!
Attachments:
Hey, why stop now? Here's some more great stuff when putting together a BDC...
Attachments:
some more...
Attachments:

Increase BDC call productivity and give your managers / owners complete oversight of the BDC in real-time!

http://www.chattercall.com

AUTOMOTIVE DIGITAL MARKETING SPECIAL – Get 1,200 minutes to try Chatter Call completely at no cost!

877.370.0001 x322

RSS

ADMPC is a Network for Car Dealers, Automotive Marketing, Advertising and Management Pros sharing Digital Strategies and Execution Tactics.

Please Consider Automotive Marketing Professional Community Sponsors

ADM Badge

Loading…

Based On Your Interests...

Onsite/Offsite Combination ADM Consulting & Coaching
Select the maximum amount you want to pay each month
$ USD

Automotive Marketing Tools

Get ADM Toolbar

Click here to take the ADM Member Survey

Google Automotive Network Targeted Placement Ads

Getting too many emails from ADM? Click mailbox below to control which types of alerts and updates you are sent......

Instagram

© 2014   Created by Ralph Paglia.

ADM Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service