Automotive Digital Marketing

Professional Community for Car Dealers, Marketing, Advertising and Sales Leaders

Loading... Be Patient!
Now this is a chance for all your dealer out there to actually tell an auto executive off on this subject LOL.

I actually left a small car company that wants to wait 6 years before it develops a green vehicles and started a totally new company.

I been watching a few local dealer on what they are selling in vehicles. I have noticed that loads of large suv's and pickup trucks and other vehicles have been setting and that all the vehicles that are doing 30mpg or better are flying off the lot. You almost have to order one of these vehicles to get one.

So I am asking dealers or any one what they think about Green Vehicles and Guzzlers. Now I may end up standing in a front of a firing line, however I would rather stay grounder and learn from the dealer and the consumer of what they like and don't like.

So shoot away!!

Views: 82

Reply to This

Replies to This ADM Discussion

We need both to tell you the truth...

I'm in Kansas City and people need trucks to work,tow the boats and get around at the same time.The soccer mom has to have the capacity to haul a bunch of kids and all the equipment that goes with the sport.

We need the green vehicles to fill in the blanks...the people who don't need or have any business driving a huge vehicle would fall into this category. We have to do a lot better job on listening to our customers and let them decide what's best for them. GM for example has heard the calling and has eased back on full size SUV production because the consumer has spoke. The manufacturers have to learn to be more flexible even though they plan many months ahead on most models.

This month for example,we have more trucks sold then passenger cars for the month ! Don't ask me how and why...it just is . Everybody loves choices and That's why I love this business !
CJ, Commercial and Farm side of the ECO Green actually rises a good point.

Though my father was in the army for many years and other family members have been executives all all types, and other that have worked in many other fields. Everyone of of them still have a back ground in Farming and Ranching. So I may be one of the few auto executives that actually knows hows to drive a big farm tractor. With that in mind I to understand the need of pickup trucks and the need for the soccer parent that needs a vehicle to pack around a troop of kids or that parent that has to load around large teenage boys. Also needing a vehicle that can carry groceries to feed those teenagers too. So yes there is a need for a good mix of green vehicles.

I been working on a concept Series Hybrid pick and a smaller suv. that can handle range and power issues.
Thanks for the reply...Keep me in the loop on your project. I wish you huge success !
Every family, and person has different needs and wants. I'd say right now their is alot of hype around MPG, and rightly so when an average gallon of gas is $4!

I talk to aot of dealerships and the pre-owned sales focus is on a decent mix of inventory, both Green and Guzzler, usually based on the customer base for the local area. Of course, MPG cars are bringing more money at auctions than trucks/suv's of the same year or newer, so the profit is minimal, and Trucks and SUV's are more profitable now, but that's relates to consumer demand. On the new car side the MPG vehicles are flying of the lot, and the truck's and SUV's are collecting dust.

I've got a growing family, so if you can make a vehicle with the room of an Expedition and the MPG of a Prius... I'll buy 2.
Mike, I have had a more than a few people in phone conversations tell me the same things you said "if you can make a vehicle with the room of an Expedition and the MPG of a Prius... I'll buy 2" I actually think that can be done. Just would have to make sure its still light and still safe. One of the concepts that came across my desk would be about the size of a CX9, which would seat seven people.
That sounds great, definetley keep me posted. Keep fighting the good fight, we need more innovators like you out there!
Matt, I have seen allot more college aged guys with jetta's, civic's, prius's, yaris's etc than I have seen with trucks. However at the moment I still live in the middle of Pick Up Truck country and most of those guys have 2-3 vehicles and the 3rd being that eco green. There is no way a farmer can buy seed that weighs more than a yaris and transport it in a yaris LOL I have seen some farmers do with out some items just do pay more for fuel because they have no choice. I have also seen some men quite farming and they been doing it since they were in pampers. These men have had to go into other trades or learn a whole new skill. This is one of the biggest reasons why I can really see the need for a truck or an suv's that is also green eco that would still be able to do what it needs to do!

RSS

Automotive Professional Network and Resource Exchange for Car Dealers, Managers, OEM and Marketing Practitioners seeking Best Practices.

ADM Sponsor

Please Consider Automotive Marketing Professional Community Sponsors

ADM Badge

Loading…

Based On Your Interests...

ADM Consulting, LLC

Onsite/Offsite Combination ADM Consulting, LLC Professional Services
Select the maximum monthly investment you plan to make
$USD

Automotive Marketing Tools

Get ADM Toolbar

Click here to take the ADM Member Survey

Getting too many emails from ADM? Click mailbox below to control which types of alerts and updates you are sent......

Instagram

Top Automotive Marketing Forum Discussions

Share the Best Content w/AutoMarketing Community

© 2019   Created by Ralph Paglia.   Powered by

ADM Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service