Automotive Digital Marketing

Professional Community for Car Dealers, Marketing, Advertising and Sales Leaders

Loading... Be Patient!
Who has Twitter and how do you use it to benefit your business? I'm trying to get as much info as I can and you guys seem to be pros! Any tips/ anyone I can follow and learn from? Thanks,

Meg, The EveryCarListed Girl

Tags: Twitter

Views: 80

Reply to This

Replies to This ADM Discussion

Twitter is about two way engagement. The ultimate in permission based marketing. It can be a great traffic source if you work it to build up followers. If you pitch only and do not receive you will fail there. I have not taken the time to optimize my twitter involvement but I am there. :P

Here is a good example of how someone is using twitter in the Car Biz.

http://www.drivingsales.com/visitorIndex.php?pid=strategy&do=st...

Paul Rushing
912-266-1629
http://twitter.com/paulrushing
Meg,

I am a Twitter participant, and I get emails daily from the service saying that so-and-so is now following my activities on twitter... The challenge that i personally find is that I do not update my activities frequently enough, and i have not chased after other Twitter members enough... To Paul's point, my own experience is that i have not taken the time to "pitch" enough, but have been mildly surprised by the volume of pitches I receive from others. From a B-to-B perspective, I believe Twitter is one of those "must haves" similar to a LinkedIn profile... Which is a must have for a business to business sales professional.
Ralph,

I just started setting up my profile at ping.fm. It allows you to update multiple services at one time. So far I have only tested it with facebook.com , plaxo.com, linkedin.com and twitter.com

I will chip away at it bit by bit and post updates here. It does not work well with blogger.com from what I can tell unless you want to set up a micro blog there.

Updating profiles in multiple places has kept me from using them to their fullest, this might be a missing piece to some puzzles.

Also I know about a twitter business application handbook that is about to be released. I have a draft copy. Once it becomes available I will forward you information on it.
Ralph, I know you want to promote this website and forum, but I really think auto twitting activities on this forum through your personal Twitter account is a bad idea. It may not be TOO bad if you actually spent a good deal of time on that network but I know you travel a lot and are busy so now your Twitter profile is basically a bot - which is not a good thing if you want to use Twitter to build up personal relationships.

I had to unfollow you the other day cause your account is now a distraction instead of actually contributing useful tid bits to my Tweet stream. Just an FYI.
Meg -

Twitter works for within our overall SMO strategy; its not a huge part - but it works nontheless.

Its very easy to get caught up on the 'crap'; people talking about their new shoes, a new paper cut or how the guy next to them at work smells. Sift through it and find people within your local area or within your market segment for some fertile ground to work with on Twellow.com.

Start to follow those who are interesting (to you) and be sure to contribute content at least of equal value. Don't sell to them, don't talk down to them - just be yourself.

There are also a bunch of desktop tools you can use, such as TweetDeck or Twhirl to help monitor your tweets.

I've had fun with TweetandGreet.com - new followers enjoy it; some even link back...

I urge others to try it...make a plan, set some goals and make it happen.

Eric
Be sure to follow me!

RSS

Automotive Professional Network and Resource Exchange for Car Dealers, Managers, OEM and Marketing Practitioners seeking Best Practices.

ADM Sponsor

William B. Terry
Rated by Super Lawyers

loading ...

Please Consider Automotive Marketing Professional Community Sponsors

ADM Badge

Loading…

Based On Your Interests...

ADM Consulting, LLC

Onsite/Offsite Combination ADM Consulting, LLC Professional Services
Select the maximum monthly investment you plan to make
$USD

Automotive Marketing Tools

Get ADM Toolbar

Click here to take the ADM Member Survey

Getting too many emails from ADM? Click mailbox below to control which types of alerts and updates you are sent......

Instagram

SaveSave

ADM Professional Services
Phone Consultation
Topic or Issue:

Top Automotive Marketing Forum Discussions

Share the Best Content w/AutoMarketing Community

© 2020   Created by Ralph Paglia.   Powered by

ADM Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service