Automotive Digital Marketing

Professional Community for Car Dealers, Marketing, Advertising and Sales Leaders

Loading... Be Patient!
We all have "one liners" that are either personal credos or inspirational.
I'll share a couple of mine:

"Ruthlessly compete against your own best self"-Apollo X Engineers

"That which we persist in doing becomes easier to do,not that the nature of the thing is changed,but that our ability to do so is increased"-Ralph Waldo Emerson

What are yours?

Tags: quotes, author, automotive, credos, famous, inspiration, motivation, motivational, speaker

Views: 998

Reply to This

Replies to This ADM Discussion

One more:
"The harder you work,the luckier you get." ???????ME??????
I don't know if the quote is motivational, but my father always says...
Kiss it until you can kick it.
lol
Sometimes a Fathers wisdom may not be P.C.,but it is usually "real world" applicable.
My grandfather,when asked what he was doing, often replied "milking chickens".When I finally was old enough and brave enough,I inquired as to what it meant.
He explained "it's when you're busy as hell but not getting a thing done".
Old Idaho farmer wisdom...don't try to milk chickens, it's confusing to them and frustrating to you!
That reminds me of two that my uncle an I used when we were slipping off the farm to usually go buy fish supplies or reloading supplies.

"Gotta go see a man about a dog"

-and -

"We are going to get a board out of the road."
When someone tells of their achievement or success for the day (I sold two cars, I made a big deal on a used, etc.), our Used Vehicle Manager always says...
"Good. You can come to work tomorrow."
Whenever I am working with someone and we disagree on something, and both of us think we are right (never happens in this business), I like to point out something that William Wrigley, the chewing gum tycoon was fond of saying: "If I have 2 vice presidents that always agree, then I have 1 too many vice presidents!"

And since so many people are posting what their fathers liked to sya, here's one I heard my dad say a lot over the years: "Son, you can't get out of trouble unless you're willing to get into it..." I have heard him say that at least 100 times and it always seems to mean something different!
Speaking of father quotes....

"Do as I say, not as I do" - Dad
Heck I find myself using that on now.
EXCELLENT topic Bryan!

I really enjoy Mark Twain's quotes and opinions, (Samuel Clemens). Not all are "motivational", but they sure do make you think.

The holy passion of Friendship is of so sweet and steady and loyal and enduring a nature that it will last through a whole lifetime, if not asked to lend money.

I'll forget the Lord's middle name sometime, right in the midst of a storm, when I need all the help I can get.

It is by the goodness of God that in our country we have those three unspeakably precious things: freedom of speech, freedom of conscience, and the prudence never to practice either.

When we do not know a person--and also when we do--we have to judge his size by the size and nature of his achievements, as compared with the achievements of others in his special line of business--there is no other way.

Do not tell fish stories where the people know you; but particularly, don't tell them where they know the fish.

Do something every day that you don't want to do; this is the golden rule for acquiring the habit of doing your duty without pain.
If we are throwing out Mark Twain quotes, I've always loved one in particular. (I even was able to use it in a sketch comedy scene I wrote and performed at Second City a while back).
"It is better to deserve honors and not receive them, than receive honors and not deserve them."

And if we are still contributing quotes from fathers, here is one that regards work ethic he always used - "Head down, shovel full"
AWESOME! (I dig the "father" quote too)...

Here's some more Twain:

PATRIOTISM -

In the beginning of a change the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot.

PESSIMISM -

It is easy to find fault, if one has that disposition. There was once a man who, not being able to find any other fault with his coal, complained that there were too many prehistoric toads in it.

The man who is a pessimist before 48 knows too much; if he is an optimist after it, he knows too little.

RUSSIA -

Of course I know that the properest way to demolish the Russian throne would be by revolution. But it is not possible to get up a revolution there; so the only thing left to do, apparently, is to keep the throne vacant by dynamite until a day when candidates shall decline with thanks.
I have had this in my wallet for years. Each day I went to the dealership it was always about the people I managed. I would be nothing if it weren't for the people who fought on the front line for me (my salespeople).

"Regard your soldiers as your children, and they will follow you into the deepest valleys.
Look on them as your own beloved sons, and they will stand by you even unto death!"

- Sun Tzu, the Art of War
"Before battle, do not boast as the soldier who has returned from war and is removing his armor"

"Work or get fired"

"Let love and faithfulness never leave you. Bind them around your neck and write them on the tablet of your heart. Then you will win favor in the sight of God and Man. Trust in the Lord with all of your heart, and lean not on your own understanding. In all of your way acknowledge Him, and he will make your paths straight."

“For my ways are not your ways, and neither are my thoughts your thoughts, says the Lord. Just as the heavens are higher than the earth, so my ways are higher than yours, and my thoughts are higher than yours”

“Now, faith is being sure of what you hope for, and certain of what you do not see. This is what the ancients were commended for.”

RSS

Automotive Professional Network and Resource Exchange for Car Dealers, Managers, OEM and Marketing Practitioners seeking Best Practices.

ADM Sponsor

Please Consider Automotive Marketing Professional Community Sponsors

ADM Badge

Loading…

Based On Your Interests...

ADM Consulting, LLC

Onsite/Offsite Combination ADM Consulting, LLC Professional Services
Select the maximum monthly investment you plan to make
$USD

Automotive Marketing Tools

Get ADM Toolbar

Click here to take the ADM Member Survey

Getting too many emails from ADM? Click mailbox below to control which types of alerts and updates you are sent......

Instagram

Top Automotive Marketing Forum Discussions

Share the Best Content w/AutoMarketing Community

© 2019   Created by Ralph Paglia.   Powered by

ADM Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service