Automotive Digital Marketing

Professional Community for Car Dealers, Marketing, Advertising and Sales Leaders

Loading... Be Patient!
My Autotrader rep strolled in this week to pitch "Alpha." My first reaction to his pitch was that ATC was adding another level of advertising that would further devalue the "Partnership" we now have. To me, this is the straw that broke the camel's back. I firmly believe it's time to move on from ATC and redistribute the ridiculous sum we send to Atlanta every month. I realize that ATC is a hot-button topic for most of us. I'd like to hear about the experiences and results some have had by canceling ATC and reallocating that money to other Digital Advertising.

Views: 991

Reply to This

Replies to This ADM Discussion

Philip and fellow ADMers,

You are absolutely right, EveryCarListed.com has some innovative partnerships that help give our dealerships the edge they need to stay ahead of the game. We are also very excited about the possibility of new partnerships because of how much more value it would bring to our dealers. Keep your eyes on the news!

Meg
I just signed up and am waiting the week for it to be listed.
Cool - hey, call me if I can help with EveryCarListed.Com or if you have any questions about integrating the SiSTeR Technologies Video CarLot application onto their site. After all, what are friends for!
really, that is very nice. Sounds like someone is telling you, you pay the highest price or else. That doesn't sit to good to me. I would be like, hmmm so your telling me that I have to pay the highest package or I'm going to suffer. Gee, that seems a little strong armed don't you think?
Strong arm selling went away about the same time as throwing the keys to the trade onto the roof to keep a customer from leaving! Hey, if anybody tries that on you just call me - my wife will kick their butt!
My Wife will join Phil's, next thing you know we will all be on Springer!
Now... THAT makes sense!!!!
Simple answer- choose the 3rd Party site that lists vehicles in the order of their posted price, not how high the price tag of your package is- Cars.com. In the recent J.D. Powers dealer survey, Cars.com was rated #1 in business generation by car dealers. Package prices are determined by the size of your pre-owned inventory, and all new vehicle listings are included for free -and Cars.com powers YahooAutos inventory. Cars.com- taking over the world one Superbowl ad at a time!
Hi Kate,

Simple answers are often the most complicated! Most of today's consumer friendly 3rd party inventory based websites sites allow a "filter" in their search that allows consumers to drill down based on many criteria and then to order the listings by the price - up or down. I note that you are a senior sales manager with Cars.Com, and as a long term customer - both as a dealer and an automotive advertising agency, AdAgencyOnline.Net, - I think that the real answer to this entire forum is more "people" based than "product."

Assuming that is your "area of responsibility" perhaps the simplest answer is to read this forum since your customers are giving you the answer. The high pressure sales tactics and selling by intimidation with little represented or perceived value in the up-graded packages offered by Cars.Com has developed a backlash from Auto Dealers who are only "reacting" not acting by opting for alternate 3rd party websites that are filling the void of "relationship selling/buying" - just like their customers!

Free "For Sale By Owner" listings and value-added packages that offer more than positioning - like enhanced conversion tools, video, ties to social networking forums, etc. - combined with a sales team that is more focused on the dealer's R.O.I. than their own is the rason that this forum has been so well received and why sites like EveryCarListed.Com have surfaced as the answer to the question already posed by the forum; "Why shoud I continue with AutoTrader.Com."

The answer, - you should, but only in their FREE or basic packages as part of a total web soultion until they become a "partner" with the dealers in sharing the problem as well as the solution.

RSS

Automotive Professional Network and Resource Exchange for Car Dealers, Managers, OEM and Marketing Practitioners seeking Best Practices.

ADM Sponsor

William B. Terry
Rated by Super Lawyers

loading ...

Please Consider Automotive Marketing Professional Community Sponsors

ADM Badge

Loading…

Based On Your Interests...

ADM Consulting, LLC

Onsite/Offsite Combination ADM Consulting, LLC Professional Services
Select the maximum monthly investment you plan to make
$USD

Automotive Marketing Tools

Get ADM Toolbar

Click here to take the ADM Member Survey

Getting too many emails from ADM? Click mailbox below to control which types of alerts and updates you are sent......

Instagram

SaveSave

ADM Professional Services
Phone Consultation
Topic or Issue:

Top Automotive Marketing Forum Discussions

Share the Best Content w/AutoMarketing Community

© 2020   Created by Ralph Paglia.   Powered by

ADM Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service