Automotive Digital Marketing

Professional Community for Car Dealers, Marketing, Advertising and Sales Leaders

Loading... Be Patient!
Anyone have a recommendation on outsourced BDC companies? My boss wanted me to check into a few companies to help our dealership so I am looking for some feedback.

Tags: bdc, companies, outsourced

Views: 2000

Reply to This

Replies to This ADM Discussion

Hey Joe, Would you send me some info about your company I have some dealers looking to oursource their BDC would like more info.

Thanks

ldaniels@autoraptor.com

Lorrie Daniels

AutoRaptor CRM

401-743-5521

Hello Lori,

We are not an oursourced BDC center.  As a matter of fact, I posted this roughly 6 years ago before I started my own consulting/training firm.  However, I do have an outsourced BDC center as one of our clients that we advise on lead management follow up.  They're fairly sound so I will have someone reach out to you.

I'll say this: I am personally OUT on salespeople answering the phone. I believe that, for the great majority of dealerships, forensic efforts such as WhosCalling, CallBright, etc. will prove that any fractional loss in customer satisfaction due to a call center is far LESS than the loss in customer satisfaction from poorly-handled calls. And the ROI of the appointments generated by a dedicated BDC, rather than call after call fumbled by the salespeople, alone makes the dedicated BDC worth it.

Outsourcing is a cost issue, because there's lots of overhead in a dedicated BDC, and so outsourcing BDCs comes up. Before I did that, I'd simply use my forensic tools to tell me the highest nine hours hours of my sales call volumes and consider staffing the phone with professionals during that time. You can also have them do fixed ops calls for appointments, which are even WAY easier to get than sales appointments. And, for the customer who wants bolt-level info on a car, they get a number and you THEN have a salesperson call them back.

And, before some BDC trainers speak up, I know we have a difference of opinion on whether salespeople can be trained to properly handle calls. My analogy is that not everyone can sing, and not everyone can be Celine Dion if they CAN sing--some folks just need to take the tickets at the venue door. And so we need to stop fooling ourselves that we don't have a LOT of "ticket takers" on the sales floors today. The "singing" on WhosCalling will tell us that in a jiffy . . .

A lot of these outsourced BDC efforts are being started by old BDC consultants and trainers . . . and I believe that what I just wrote is exactly why.

As always, just my $.02.
Hello My Name is Dan Carmen I've been a GM in Portland Oregon since 1998. I read your forum and I'm excited to tell you about a product I've been using since Dec of 2009 called triadquickleads.com this is the most rocking bang for your dollars lead source I've ever dealt with and they help you make car deals..Last 2 months I've made over 30+ deals and have documentation to proof it !!! Feel free to call me any time at 503-740-1221 I love talking about this product!

Great Topic. The last dealership I purchased we refined this outsourcing model and now it is has been in market for 3 years. Please take a moment to review. There are several good comapnies that provide this service and usually at a fraction of what it would cost to maintain internally with ALOT less headaches.

Our company handles three basic outsourced departments.

1- www.automobileBDC.com handles the dealership Internet department 24/7/365. Responds within moments and follows up on each and every inquiry for 92 days until appointment is set.

2- www.ServiceBDC.com handles answering each and every incoming service appointment within one ring, setting appt in the dealership CRM and checking for open recalls and verifying guests data.

3- www.PhoneBDC.com handles each and every incoming sales call, sets the appointment using a script and professional tone while entering the guest information into the dealerships CRM for future follow up.  

I am no longer affiliated with, but recommend the following BDC outsourcing solutions:

1. Phone Follow-up; The Sales Academy (Thayne Harrison) in SLC, UT

2. Direct Mail; ADP DMS Dealers=CustomerTouch, All Others=Team Velocity

3. Email Follow-up; CRM System automation with oversight by BDC Director.

RSS

Automotive Professional Network and Resource Exchange for Car Dealers, Managers, OEM and Marketing Practitioners seeking Best Practices.

ADM Sponsor

Please Consider Automotive Marketing Professional Community Sponsors

ADM Badge

Loading…

Based On Your Interests...

ADM Consulting, LLC

Onsite/Offsite Combination ADM Consulting, LLC Professional Services
Select the maximum monthly investment you plan to make
$USD

Automotive Marketing Tools

Get ADM Toolbar

Click here to take the ADM Member Survey

Getting too many emails from ADM? Click mailbox below to control which types of alerts and updates you are sent......

Instagram

Top Automotive Marketing Forum Discussions

2. 5 Ideas for car dealers FB page

Posted by Kevin Lewis on August 6, 2019

Share the Best Content w/AutoMarketing Community

© 2019   Created by Ralph Paglia.   Powered by

ADM Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service