Automotive Digital Marketing

Professional Community for Car Dealers, Marketing, Advertising and Sales Leaders

Loading... Be Patient!
I want to learn more about issues relating to customers slamming car dealers on rogue websites and posts on complaint sites.

Are your stores experiencing any of this? And how do your stores handle these situations? One dealer said these sites keep coming up on search sites whenever anyone enters his dealership name. Love to hear what you have encountered.

Tags: bad, complaints, dealer, engine, management, ratings, reputation, search

Views: 32

Reply to This

Replies to This ADM Discussion

Talking about rogue websites, I think it might be in a dealers best interstest to buy up the "your url here"sucks.com. I have seen this in tactic used in other industries so it is just matter of time until we upset a tech savvy person on the lot and they build a website very similar your url that might come in under you in the organic listings and get clicked on. If you want a good example of this tactic go to homedepotsucks.com, I would almost be willing to bet there are already a few dealers out there dealing with this problem and the worst part is that the dealer never thought to purchase a negative url to keep it from happening, could be the best $100 you spend this year.
I have read about a few of these sites (on a more legitamite level)- such as
www.dealerrater.com and mydealerreport.com. Both of these were mentioned in the Feb 4, 2008 edition of Automotive News. Some dealers have no idea their business is listed in the bottom 10 or vice versa.

Its strange b.c most dealers do not have time to blog- let alone check their status on these emerging websites. Most of these websites are for cosumers- now throw in the competiting dealer websites that Jon G mentioned and you really have your hands full!!
Click on the image below to visit CarFolks.com and learn more about registering your dealership for this industry leading Reputation Management Program:

RSS

Automotive Professional Network and Resource Exchange for Car Dealers, Managers, OEM and Marketing Practitioners seeking Best Practices.

ADM Sponsor

Please Consider Automotive Marketing Professional Community Sponsors

ADM Badge

Loading…

Based On Your Interests...

ADM Consulting, LLC

Onsite/Offsite Combination ADM Consulting, LLC Professional Services
Select the maximum monthly investment you plan to make
$USD

Automotive Marketing Tools

Get ADM Toolbar

Click here to take the ADM Member Survey

Getting too many emails from ADM? Click mailbox below to control which types of alerts and updates you are sent......

Instagram

Top Automotive Marketing Forum Discussions

1. Best VPN

Posted by Christie on March 22, 2019

Share the Best Content w/AutoMarketing Community

© 2019   Created by Ralph Paglia.   Powered by

ADM Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service