Automotive Digital Marketing

Professional Community for Car Dealers, Marketing, Advertising and Sales Leaders

Loading... Be Patient!
Below is the first SEO tip in a series we offer in our free newsletter from screencrafters.com. I would love to hear other opinions and best practices. Perhaps this can become a good place to work through some of the land mines, snake oil and myths that surrounds SEO for car dealer websites...

The TITLE of a web page is perhaps the most misunderstood and yet very important elements surrounding sound Search Optimization. The TITLE is nothing more that exactly that, it's the TITLE of the page. In the good ole days search engines used the title and description to give clear text of what a page was about.

Early on TITLE tags were easily abused. The text in them was not compared to text in the body of the page or their relevancy to the text content of the site. Not so today! Spoofing the TITLE tag today will cause you untold amounts of grief.

The TITLE tag should be nothing more than the TITLE for that specific page. In the case of a car dealers website homepage, the TITLE should begin with (here's a no brain-er) the name of the dealership. From 70 up to as much as 90 percent of your traffic finds you under your dealership name. To risk missing that traffic can be a major mistake.

Every TITLE for every page should be independent - unfortunately most of the automotive website companies today don't allow that option. AMAZON.COM has 8.4 million pages. Where it involves a product you will not find a single duplicate TITLE.

Steve Crim
ScreenCrafters

Views: 56

Reply to This

Replies to This ADM Discussion

Thanks Tim,

The science of SEO is often blurred by the art and common sense! Multiple domain names for multiple sites has beena pet trick of mine to add to the basic logic of SEO since I don't care which site shows up as long as they all lead to my dealers! It also has an SEM element since it serves a similar purpose to purchasing words in a pay per click formula. It is not as fluid as a daily shift of funds based on the tracking ROI per word, but it seems to show up as effectively - regardless of which side of the page it shows up in the search engine!

I am anxious to follow your series so when is TIP TWO COMING?
Sure do. Include the name of course, but additional desciptive words will surely show up more ofte - without masking the core message of the dealer's name. Now, if this issue was raised in the context of an SEM investment then the "string" would be too limiting but in SEO - no worries!

RSS

Automotive Professional Network and Resource Exchange for Car Dealers, Managers, OEM and Marketing Practitioners seeking Best Practices.

ADM Sponsor

Please Consider Automotive Marketing Professional Community Sponsors

ADM Badge

Loading…

Based On Your Interests...

ADM Consulting, LLC

Onsite/Offsite Combination ADM Consulting, LLC Professional Services
Select the maximum monthly investment you plan to make
$USD

Automotive Marketing Tools

Get ADM Toolbar

Click here to take the ADM Member Survey

Getting too many emails from ADM? Click mailbox below to control which types of alerts and updates you are sent......

Instagram

Top Automotive Marketing Forum Discussions

1. Electric Vehicle is the Future

Posted by Dwayne Jhonson on August 29, 2019

2. Email marketing

Posted by Andrew Qrueed on August 26, 2019

4. 5 Ideas for car dealers FB page

Posted by Kevin Lewis on August 6, 2019

Share the Best Content w/AutoMarketing Community

© 2019   Created by Ralph Paglia.   Powered by

ADM Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service