Automotive Digital Marketing

Professional Community for Car Dealers, Marketing, Advertising and Sales Leaders

Loading... Be Patient!
I am looking to hear your thoughts about brining dealerships and their inventory onto mobile phones.

1) “Hype or a necessity?” - Do you think dealerships should adopt a mobile marketing strategy and showcase their inventory on mobile phones? If so why?

2) Given the capabilities of a mobile phone (GPS, messaging, etc), how do you see mobile phone serving buyers and sellers?

3) If you were looking to adopt a mobile marketing solution, what would be your decision factors (cost, time, ROI, # leads etc.)?

4) What lessons have you learned from having a web site and how do you see these lessons apply to a mobile web site?

Thanks,

Shuki

Tags: gps, marketing, mobile, sms, startegy

Views: 217

Reply to This

Replies to This ADM Discussion

currently the only mobile solution we use in our clients dealership is the car inventory tracking system. I really believe in mobile for marketing but more on the branding then direct sales. Most dealers if not all, doesnt have a mobile compatible website. its a really hard venue for a quick grow company to launch a product in that area. In my perspective, I think management solution with mobile will be a lot easier to sell if your USP is lowering management cost and time. Take Care
Shuki's gumiyo is reasonable and requires no involvbement by the dealer... How much easier could something be?
Maybe the way to select the mobile solution you need is to list what it SHOULD do vs. what Gumiyo does:

Should do:
1) Be inexpensive with no set up fees, no long term contract with a trackable R.O.I.
2) Draw from existing data - preferably already posted on a website
3) Be auomated with no additionial dealer staff required to set up or manage
4) Provide targetted messages through conventional media driven to text messages
5) Provide support services and best practices online across multiple applications
6) Link to existing resources for added content - such as CarFax and Video
7) Have an identifiable short code that customers recognize and remember
8) Provide analytics to determine source and R.O.I. from all applied media
10) Extend the marketing message after hours and in unique methods
11) Link to dealer staff and coordinate leads with existing data acollection CRM
12) Provide a "branding identity" unique to the dealer

Ok, there may be more, but before I go on - let's list what Gumiyo does:

Gumiyo does:
ALL OF THE ABOVE!

If I missed something on the "Should do" list please reply so I can say yes to that too since based on the "Mobile Ready Initiative" that is being sponsored by Gumiyo to coordinate "best practices" in related applications like DMS - CRM - Advertising etc. they are already positioned to evolve into the solution.
This conversation seems to have ended months ago...but as a new member to the group and an SMS provider, I thought I'd throw my two cents (and maybe my hat) into the ring.

I agree with earlier statements that there just aren't enough phones equipped to handle everything that a robust Text Marketing campaign can provide. That is why my company has tried to keep SMS very simple and VERY inexpensive for dealers to utilize. We offer programs that work both in the Sales Department and on the Service Drive.

Take the Sales Department, for example. SellPhone Marketing sets the dealership up with a Short Code and as many Key Words as they need to manage their on-going campaigns. We show the dealership how to incorporate the text component into their conventional media, and automate the rest of the process for them. If a Dodge dealer is offering $8000 off a new Ram, we might entice radio listeners or TV viewers to "Text the word RAM to 55555 to download your own $8000 Digital Discount directly to your cell phone now!" When a consumer engages in that way, we respond with a three-step approach.

First, we send an automated response back to the prospective buyer, thanking them for their interest in our dealership and delivering on our offer.

Next, we send an email directly to the ISM, BDM or whoever that particular lead should go to. That email includes the cell phone number of the consumer and the Key Word they replied to. With that information, the dealer can immediately contact the prospect on the one phone we KNOW is in their hands right now...because they're still reading our automatic response text message when we call. The BDM knows exactly which script to use with that consumer, because he knows exactly what advertisement they texted in about in the first place.

Finally, we database the prospects' cell number against the campaign/Key Word. This way, if the factory decides to dump another $500 into the deal, we can follow up instantly via text to anyone who ever responded to the previous offers for that model.

Our system can be expanded to the Service Drive by creating a VIP Oil Change Club for the dealership. We offer service customers the opportunity to join our VIP Club by sending a text from their phone. When they do, we instantly respond by sending them a coupon for a % or $ amount off of today's service, and we inform them that we'll remind them every 90 days to come back for another LOF. Of course, we also deliver a VIP-ONLY coupon via text at the same time. We find that sending that quarterly message out every 75 days increases our response rates, and helps our dealers build more significant ROI.

Through all of this, we maintain low costs with no set up fees, no long term contracts, etc. We make it simple and automated so the dealer can "set it and forget it". We provide enough information to the consumer to be of value to them, without inundating them with more than they want.

Everything we do at SellPhone Marketing conforms to the Mobile Marketing Association's Best Practices, and we adhere to a strict Zero Spam policy.
Hi Jay,

Welcome to the ADM discussion! You might want to check the Mobile Marketing Association (MMA) guidelines as what you describe above is not permitted and can get you (and your dealers) suied by the mobile carrier.

In particular, you simply cannot just send someone an SMS they have never opted to receive. Look into the opt-in and double opt-in procedures, and you will see the supported flows.

Take your example above: "...if the factory decides to dump another $500 into the deal, we can follow up instantly via text to anyone who ever responded to the previous offers for that model..."
As a consumer, if I receive your second message, offering $500 I will consider this as SPAM. I have never asked to receive a second message AND my cell phone is the MOST private device I have. AND to make matters worse, SMS messages cost me money (example $0.25 per text message). So not only you spammed me, now I have to pay for it ... :-)

For that exact reason, my company spent 11 months certifying our programs with each of the US carriers and we have even been selected an enterprise application provider by AT&T.
Let me know if you need help, we would love to assist you,
Shuki
Jay,

I have worked with several companies who use Shuli's Gumiyo as their mobile marketing solution "platform" and can assure you that he is the real deal, knows what he is talking about and is worth listening to.

RP
Dealers should seriously consider adopting a mobile marketing strategy to give themselves the edge in the near future. Texting is relatively innocuous, and unintrusive for the customer. They can get information quickly, in the palm of their hand, pretty much anywhere and any time.. (Isn't instant gratification great!?)

While it is not a necessity, I think within the next couple of years it will be. The opportunity for someone to browse your website on their phone will be compelling, and we see expanding capabilities of the phones with larger screens, greater definition, 3G, etc.

My dealership is already planning a roll out by end of 1 qtr to 2nd qtr next year. Just the other day on the way home, I heard 3 separate commercials with text message addresses in them.

I think navigation and having the information available quickly will be more critical in the SMS world than it is in the PC world, so rich content and well-planed out websites and advertising will be important.
Access to consumers where they are created the Internet of yesterday and even today. Text messaging to a cell phone or PDA is where customers are and will be tomorrow so how can you develop a business plan that is already dated by leaving out text and mobile applications? You need to design text based mobile solutions into your online showrooms today to plan for tomorrow since tomorrow you should be focused on the day after that!
Hi Shuki,

Have you seen this? http://www.pinspeed.com Use your iPhone and PIN number 1971

I like all the excitement surrounding your post. Mobile messaging and other modern tools are only "days" away and we hope your solution (and ours) gains traction - our industry needs it. We have been putting PIN numbers on customer vehicles for awhile now and have only recently begun seeing any significant traffic. We have not yet promoted this concept outside of our area but have done some extensive testing and look forward to getting to know other industry professionals with a "mobile plan."

I look forward to reading your posts and wish you well.

David Book
http://www.mygoaltracking.net
Thanks David,
We have spent the last 6 months looking at over 480,000 sold vehicles from a sample of our client base and studying the associated mobile traffic.
I can conclude now that mobile usage is:
1) Definitely apparent in sold cars - i.e. consumers are using it throughout the buying process.
2) Growing month over month
3) Used less as a shopping tool and more as a buying tool
4) Moving from featuring content to driving conversations

Shuki
Hi Friend...

This is good to information to know. I appreciate your valued insights. I have heard quite a bit about your organization and look forward to watching your "text for info" solution gain momentum. I was walking up the street today in our small California community and was looking at a house or sale. The little box of paper handouts was empty and I immediately thought of you guys. Seems to me there should be a GO CODE on every darned real estate sign in the country ;-)

Cheers
David
Hi David,

Who says that there isn't - or won't soon be? Shuki Lehavi and Richard Abronson started Gumiyo with multiple verticals in mind and the auto industry is only one of them. I am proud to say that Gumiyo has been a client of Ad Agency Online, L.L.C. and a featured "preferred automotive advertising vendor" on AdAgencyOnline.Net from day one!

Their investment in the "Mobile Ready Initiative" to share best practices amongst various channels within the industry and Richard's seminars - like the one coming up at the 6th Digital Dealer Conference April 19th - 21st in Las Vegas - evidence their knowledge of the mobile channel and their investment in its future.

Just as an FYI, if you go to AdAgencyonline.Net and or www.blogtalkradio.com/adagencyonline you can listen to their video and or one of the previous interviews on WAAOL discussing their shared visions.

After all, what are friends for!

RSS

Automotive Professional Network and Resource Exchange for Car Dealers, Managers, OEM and Marketing Practitioners seeking Best Practices.

ADM Sponsor

Please Consider Automotive Marketing Professional Community Sponsors

ADM Badge

Loading…

Based On Your Interests...

ADM Consulting, LLC

Onsite/Offsite Combination ADM Consulting, LLC Professional Services
Select the maximum monthly investment you plan to make
$USD

Automotive Marketing Tools

Get ADM Toolbar

Click here to take the ADM Member Survey

Getting too many emails from ADM? Click mailbox below to control which types of alerts and updates you are sent......

Instagram

Top Automotive Marketing Forum Discussions

Share the Best Content w/AutoMarketing Community

© 2019   Created by Ralph Paglia.   Powered by

ADM Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service