Automotive Digital Marketing

Professional Community for Car Dealers, Marketing, Advertising and Sales Leaders

Loading... Be Patient!

Automotive RSS Feeds For Car Dealer Use

Automotive News Answers the Question:
What is an RSS Feed?

RSS (Really Simple Syndication) is a way to receive regularly updated web content and gather it in one place for easy reading. Instead of constantly checking multiple blogs, news sites, podcasts and other sources throughout the day, one can subscribe to feeds with an RSS reader, which will automatically keep itself updated with the latest developments as they happen. It's an efficient and pain-free method of keeping tabs on the world, and Automotive News feeds are a great place to start.

Ralph Paglia Answers the Question:
Are RSS Feeds an Outdated Content Acquisition Tactic for Car Dealers?

RSS Feeds are a highly effective way to post a steady stream of updated content on a dealership website, blog or social media marketing site of just about any kind... One of the many factors that make RSS Feeds so useful to car dealers is the publishing permission aspect. Each of the feeds linked in the sections below are populated and updated with content that the publisher gives you, the car dealership using these RSS Feeds, legal permission to do so within the most typical uses of RSS Feeds.  Basically, it is a safe and effective way to get news and fresh content to appear in your online publications that is relevant to the products and services your dealership sells... At little to no expense. Hmmm... Think about it;

• Using RSS Feeds actually works, and it is legal, without creating unacceptable copyright violation liability...
  • Somebody else does all the work to periodically update the articles which appear on your dealership's websites and social media pages...

Where's the negative?

Well, your dealership doesn't get author credit for writing original content (eh, not so bad)

And, creating original content specifically about your dealership should be used to supplement publishing articles via RS feeds... Because the RSS supplied articles originate oin somebody else's website, there is little SEO value to using them as content posts on your dealership's websites. But since I see RSS feed supplied content showing up in Google SERP listings, it is not a complete zero from an SEP perspective. 

To me, it seems that using RSS Feeds for dealership website content acquisition and timely updates is not such an outdated concept after all!

How to Find an RSS News Reader Application

If you have useful RSS Feeds to share, please share by posting as an ADM Forum comment in the discussion section provided below this article...

BREAKING NEWS: News about all aspects of the automotive industry updated continuously each business day
  CURRENT ISSUE: Articles from the latest issue of Automotive News
  AUTOMOTIVE NEWS FIRST SHIFT: A morning video news roundup of the latest events in the automotive world.
  AUTONEWS NOW: A daily afternoon video newscast highlighting breaking events from the automotive world.
  AUTOMAKERS: Newspaper articles and breaking news from vehicle manufacturers
  SUPPLIERS: Newspaper articles and breaking news from vehicle suppliers
  AUTOMOTIVE NEWS EUROPE BREAKING NEWS: News about all aspects of the automotive industry in Europe updated continuously each business day
  COLUMNISTS: Daily commentary and weekly comments from the editors of Automotive News and Automotive News Europe
  EDITOR'S PICK: Top stories from the last seven days
  DEALERS: Issues important to dealers and other retail news from the United States
  FINANCE & INSURANCE: Issues important to finance & insurance executives from the United States
  MARKETING: News from the world of advertising, focusing on the automotive sector
  PEOPLE: News about automotive executives and other folks who have an impact on the automotive industry

REMARKETING: News about the used-car market in the United States

Source: http://www.autonews.com/section/syndication  

If you have useful RSS Feeds to share, please post in comment section below...

AutoBlog RSS Feeds

AutoBlog main feed with all posts: http://feeds.autoblog.com/weblogsinc/autoblog 

ADM Members can subscribe to feeds for specific categories

By Automotive Topic

By Vehicle Type

By Auto Shows

Detroit Auto Show Get up-to-the-minute Detroit Auto Show news as it happens. Check out the newest models, concept vehicles and latest in automotive technology at the North American International Auto Show (NAIAS).
Frankfurt Auto Show Live coverage straight from the Frankfurt Motor Show floor, including the Internet's best live photography of new vehicle and concept car debuts.
Geneva Motor Show Check out the newest models, concept vehicles and latest in automotive technology at the 2014 Geneva Motor Show (press days March 2-3, 2014).

By OEM Brand 

By Foreign OEM

By Global Regions

By Vehicle Style

By Vehicle Type:  AOL Autos Giveaway

By Author:  The List

Source: http://www.autoblog.com/feeds/

Automotive.com RSS Feeds

RSS, or really simple syndication, is a way to receive regularly updated web content and gather it in one place for easy reading. Automotive RSS feeds provide the latest automotive news, road test, auto show coverage, videos, and more. Select an automotive research category, vehicle manufacturer, or other content type to subscribe for free and start receiving content today.

To use RSS, you will need to use a RSS news reader that will allow you to connect and display RSS feeds. Many readers are available and most are free.

Car Buying Feeds

Source: http://www.automotive.com/rss/#ixzz33nGvrGD2  

Motortrend RSS Feeds

Subscribe to Motortrend Magazine's RSS feeds to get the most updated content for your car dealership's websites and social network pages.

RSS (short for really simple syndication) is a way to receive regularly updated web content and gather it in one place for easy reading. Instead of constantly checking multiple blogs, news sites, podcasts and other sources throughout the day, one can subscribe to "feeds" with an RSS reader (often referred to as an "aggregator"), which will automatically keep itself updated with the latest developments as they happen. It's an efficient and pain-free method of keeping tabs on the world.

HOW DO I USE RSS? 
To use RSS, you will need to download a special RSS news reader that will allow you to connect and display RSS feeds. Many readers are available and most are free.

Motor Trend Stories

All Stories
  • Rss Logo
News
  • Rss Logo
Reviews
  • Rss Logo
Future Vehicles
  • Rss Logo
Videos
  • Rss Logo
Auto Shows
  • Rss Logo
Features
  • Rss Logo
Editorial
  • Rss Logo

Motor Trend WOT

All WOT
  • Rss Logo

Motor Trend Blogs

All Blogs
  • Rss Logo

Motor Trend Forums

All Forums
  • Rss Logo

Source: http://www.motortrend.com/rss/#ixzz33nPwa236  

Automobile Magazine RSS Feeds

Subscribe to Automobile Magazine's RSS feeds to get the most updated news and reviews.

Source: http://www.automobilemag.com/rss/#ixzz33nRYQHvy  

Tags: Articles, Content, Content Marketing, Feed, RSS, Syndication

Views: 906

Reply to This

Replies to This ADM Discussion

Perfect Ralph, I can add plenty of these to HootSuite and pick and choose and share away. Thanks for the links and your time.

Alex, your comments made on other posts about Hootsuite's recent features expansion including the ability to select curated content and add in your own feeds is a high value tip and tactic by itself... I would also recommend checking out Buffer for the same reasons, although it is tough to beat Hootsuite since their execution is so stable and they make using multiple accounts so intuitive and practical... Also, take a look at the newest Klout.com content syndication, distribution and scheduling function... It works very well!

Thanks Ralph, Buffer is very nice. JD turned me on to it. I don't use it, as I have things fairly well connected via HootSuite and it's darn cheap and yes, supported and stability does count, good point.

I think this is just the tip of the iceberg, with this type of approach. Funny, I thought my post might have spurned you on or maybe just coincidental.

I started out using SocialDealer (great niche concept), but it just didn't cut it. However, I have heard good things about it now. I felt like I was beta-testing it, actually. 

Ralph, probably the wrong thread for this but this is an outstanding read:

Mobile Internet trends 2014 by Mary Meeker

http://www.smartinsights.com/digital-marketing-strategy/internet-tr...

Great collection of feeds Ralph!

Just the other day I wrote an article on how to build a content curation engine using RSS Feeds, IFTTT and Google Drive.

Just wanted to let you know that I included a link to this post as a resource for those looking to add more RSS Feeds to their engine.

Thanks!

These are great sources Ralph. Thanks for sharing them along with the layman's explanation of how to find a reader. I agree with Alex that Hoot Suite is cheap. If anyone is looking for a free reader I recommend they check out Feedly.com

One additional RSS feed I'd add to your list is Autos Insider from The Detroit News.

Yes, Feedly rocks! The best, IMO.

Hootsuite has started a free RSS import service (suggestions based upon your keywords) to pick and choose for publishing. I'm not going to sit here and blast vendors and their high charges, but if you're paying more than $9.99 a month, someone is getting the best of you.

RSS

Automotive Professional Network and Resource Exchange for Car Dealers, Managers, OEM and Marketing Practitioners seeking Best Practices.

ADM Sponsor

Please Consider Automotive Marketing Professional Community Sponsors

ADM Badge

Loading…

Based On Your Interests...

ADM Consulting, LLC

Onsite/Offsite Combination ADM Consulting, LLC Professional Services
Select the maximum monthly investment you plan to make
$USD

Automotive Marketing Tools

Get ADM Toolbar

Click here to take the ADM Member Survey

Getting too many emails from ADM? Click mailbox below to control which types of alerts and updates you are sent......

Instagram

Top Automotive Marketing Forum Discussions

1. Electric Vehicle is the Future

Posted by Dwayne Jhonson on August 29, 2019

2. Email marketing

Posted by Andrew Qrueed on August 26, 2019

4. 5 Ideas for car dealers FB page

Posted by Kevin Lewis on August 6, 2019

Share the Best Content w/AutoMarketing Community

© 2019   Created by Ralph Paglia.   Powered by

ADM Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service